Plant a tree in the parks and establish a legacy for generations to come.
“He that plants trees loves others beside himself.” – Thomas Fuller
Why plant a tree in Pittsburgh's parks?
- In tribute to someone you respect, love, or admire
- To celebrate a birth, birthday, or marriage
- In recognition of a promotion, life change, or achievement
- As a gesture of community service
- In memory of someone who has passed away
Interested in planting a tree? Please contact Harmony Hodges at (412) 682-7275 x240 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Included with Commemorative Tree Planting ($500)
- A Commemorative Tree (typically with a trunk diameter of about 2") planted in the park of your choice. Select from Frick, Highland, Riverview or Schenley.
- A personalized list of tree types available for planting.
- An e-mail with detailed directions to your tree’s location with photos once it has been planted.
- Developmental care for your tree (pruning, mulching, bark guards, etc.) by Parks Conservancy horticulturalists for the first two years after it is planted to ensure it is well established.
- Guarantee that your tree will be replaced if it dies within the first five years of its life.
Included with Commemorative Tree + Planting Ceremony ($750)
- All of the benefits and guarantees that come with a Commemorative Tree.
- A tree planting ceremony to be attended by your loved ones. Parks Conservancy staff will be in attendance to help with planting. Photographs of your planting ceremony will be sent to you afterwards.