Schenley Plaza is operated by the Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy and is maintained in partnership with the City of Pittsburgh. It is open dawn to dusk and is patrolled by a 24-hour security force.
All Federal, Pennsylvania, and City laws are enforced in Schenley Plaza.
Visitors are Welcome To
- Enjoy free wireless service
- Move the chairs and tables within the Plaza
- Use blankets to relax on the lawn, but not plastic material or tarpaulins
- Admire the gardens – without entering flowerbeds, picking flowers, or allowing pets to dig in soil
- Use one seat on a bench designed for sharing
- Walk dogs on a leash, on paved areas only, provided you clean up after them
- Place trash and recyclables in proper receptacles
- Snap souvenir photos of Plaza memories
- Request information from Plaza security and other Conservancy staff
Plaza Rules Do Not Allow
- Alcohol or drug use
- Organized sports on the lawn
- Walking pets on the lawn or through plantscaped areas
- Bicycling, skateboarding, roller, or in-line skating on any of the pathways
- Harming birds, wildlife, park landscape or park property
- Amplified music, except by permit
- Performances, except by permit
- Commercial activity, advertising or photography, except by permit
- Obstructing park entrances and walkways
- Open fires
- Feeding the pigeons
- Rummaging in trash receptacles
Visitors violating Plaza rules will be asked to leave. To report an emergency, call 911.
The public restrooms in Schenley Plaza are open during park hours for your convenience. The Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy maintains and cleans the facilities on a regular basis. The facilities are wheelchair accessible.
Schenley Plaza features easy access for wheelchair users at specific entrances, which are indicated on the map.