PARKS MAKE AN IMPACT
Now more than ever, people all around the world are leaning on the parks to help them cope during these unprecedented times.
Read about the recent coverage of the impact of parks during COVID-19 on the Parks Conservancy Media Page.
Parks Press Releases
- Parks Use Increases By 135% In Allegheny County
- Parks Conservancy Launches Life ReImagined
- Parks Conservancy Extends Facility Closures and Postpones Events through May 10
- Parks Conservancy Urges Park Users to Follow Social Distancing While Using Pittsburgh's Parks
- Parks Conservancy Continues to Urge Physical Distancing As Data Shows Significant Increase in Park Usage
Connecting to Nature During COVID-19
Read about how Frick Park user, Jill, leaned on the parks for support. Learn more here.
'Upcycled' Crafts and Nature Art
Read how to use natural objects and recycled materials in creative craft projects. Learn more here.
Parks Are Blooming
Read about how we're discovering new blooms during times of uncertainty. Learn more here.
Parks Are Where I Find My Spark
Read about how one park user is safely keeping active in her neighborhood park. Learn more here.
Parks are Essential
Read about how local parent, Brea Schmidt, is leaning on parks and green spaces during the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn more here.
Summer Days in Pittsburgh's Parks
Read about how the Schmidt Family is safely navigating its way through Pittsburgh's parks during the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn more here.
Taking in Nature Together
Read about how nature can help bring people together during times of uncertainty. Learn more here.
Coping with COVID-19
Read about how the Parks Conservancy Staff is coping with COVID-19. Click here and check back for frequent updates.