The PNC Carousel carries on an historic tradition of carousels in Pittsburgh parks
The original Schenley Park Carousel was opened to the public at the corner of Panther Hollow and Greenfield roads in 1913. Both today's carousel and the original showcased a menagerie of animals that symbolize the fellowship and diversity of Pittsburgh.
Erected in 2006, this Victorian-style carousel was built by American craftsmen and generously funded by the PNC Financial Services Group. The PNC Carousel is Schenley Plaza’s feature family attraction. Visitors of all ages and abilities can enjoy its lively colors and old-fashioned pipe organ music.
The PNC Carousel 2020 Season runs from mid-April through mid-October.
The PNC Carousel is open from 10AM – 6PM. Hours are extended until 8PM on Fridays and Saturdays in June, July, and August.
The PNC Carousel is closed for major holidays.
Family Season Passes
You and your family can ride the carousel without tokens all season with a Family Season Pass! Season Passes are valid for two adults and up to four children, and are available at a discounted rate $50 through May 10, 2020.
Riding the carousel
- Tokens for rides on the carousel can be purchased at the token machine located by the carousel for $2.
- Family Season Passes are available at a discounted rate $50 through May 10, 2020. Family passes cover the costs of rides for up to two adults and four children.
- The carousel is primarily intended for our younger park users. We ask that riders over 18 use one of the many stationary animals.
- Children 3 years and younger should be accompanied by an adult. Adults accompanying these children do not need tokens.
- The carousel is wheelchair accessible; an operator is available for assistance.