The PNC Carousel
You and your family can ride the carousel without tokens all season with a Family Season Pass. Purchase your 2016 Season Pass today, valid for two adults and up to four children.
About the Carousel
The PNC Carousel carries on an historic tradition of carousels in Pittsburgh parks. The original Schenley Park Carousel was opened to the public at the corner of Panther Hollow and Greenfield roads in 1913. Both today's carousel and the original showcased a menagerie of animals that symbolize the fellowship and diversity of Pittsburgh.
Erected in 2006, this Victorian-style carousel was built by American craftsmen and generously funded by the PNC Financial Services Group. The PNC Carousel is Schenley Plaza’s feature family attraction. Visitors of all ages and abilities can enjoy its lively colors and old-fashioned pipe organ music.
Riding the carousel
- Tokens for rides on the carousel can be purchased at the token machine located by the carousel for $1.25.
- The carousel is intended for our younger park users. If you're over 18 and would like to ride the carousel, we ask that you use one of the many stationary animals.
- The carousel is wheelchair accessible.
- An operator is available for assistance.
- Riders must be taller than 4 feet or accompanied by an adult.