The Mary Schenley Memorial Fountain is a beloved landmark of the city. Created to honor Mary Schenley's gift of land in 1889 that would become Schenley Park, the sculpture and fountain called A Song to Nature was described after its dedication in 1918 as "a happy combination of poetry and passion.”

After significant decline, a carefully considered restoration of the fountain took place in summer 2008. Enlarged green space around the fountain and nighttime illumination set off the burnished bronze figures and granite basin, a reduced amount of impervious pavement improves stormwater absorption, and aligned paths improved ease of access in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.