Filling your park prescription is as easy as 1-2-3
Pittsburgh's parks are yours for the playing! Getting outside is one of the best (and most enjoyable!) ways to stay healthy. Through Pittsburgh Parks Rx, kids and families are heading to their local parks and greenspaces to stay fit and have fun. Get started by following the three easy steps below to fill your park prescription today!
1. Find your nearest Pittsburgh park
Tips for exploring Pittsburgh's parks with this map:
- Narrow your park search by using the filters. Select “Yes” or “No” from the dropdown for each amenity. For example, if you want to search for parks with swimming pools, select "Yes" under the “Swimming Pool” box to show all city parks with swimming pools.
- Narrow your park search even further by adding a second filter. For example, if you want to find parks that have both swimming pools and basketball courts, select "Yes" under the “Basketball” box and "Yes" under the "Swimming Pool" box.
- Search for parks by zip code, address or park name via the search box.
- To reset the map just click on to go back to the original list of parks.
- Use the button to show your current location.
- Explore the parks in detail by clicking on the marker points on the map for more information.
PARKS RX ACTIVITY SHEETS
2. Plan your park trip
There's something for everyone in the parks! Here are just some ways to play in the parks:
|Go geocaching||Jump rope||Climb a tree|
|Kick a soccer ball||Shoot basketballs||Roll down a hill|
|Take a hike||Swing and slide on a playground||Play hopscotch|
|Play "I Spy"||Find bugs and butterflies||Make a scavenger hunt|
|Have a race||Ride a bike||Take part in a Citiparks activity|
Not sure how to plan for your visit to the park? Find tips for exploring outdoors here. Click on the links below for activity sheets that you can use for each season:
3. Get outside!
Now, go out and play! If possible, walk, bike, or bus to your park, and bring plenty of water. And most importantly, have fun!
The Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy invites you to take part in our many free, family-friendly programs, such as Kids' Day at Schenley Plaza, play dates and story hikes at the Frick Environmental Center, all-ages volunteer events, and much more. See the full events calendar here.