Urban EcoStewards give back to their communities by volunteering to care for park land.
EcoStewards adopt a specific section of park land to maintain. With training from Parks Conservancy staff and other program partners, EcoStewards visit their site throughout the year to remove invasive species, plant native flora, slow erosion, and clean up trash.
All new EcoStewards are required to attend at least one training. These trainings are free and open to the public. Find upcoming trainings here.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
The Urban EcoSteward program is a partnership of:
- Allegheny Cleanways: Engaging and empowering residents to eliminate illegal dumping in their community.
- Allegheny Land Trust: Helping local people save local land.
- Mount Washington Community Development Corporation: Developing and implementing strategic plans for multi-level improvements to the neighborhoods.
- Nine Mile Run Watershed Association: Offering a variety of innovative urban ecology projects designed to directly involve the community in helping to improve the health of the watershed.
- Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy: Improving quality of life for the people of Pittsburgh by restoring the park system to excellence in partnership with government and the community.